Chrome Shockwave Flash Crash
Shockwave Flash is a browser plugin that helps us to view flash content, play online videos and enjoy online games that are designed in Flash. Chrome Shockwave Flash crash has become a common problem as it has been reported by many users.
Here are some tips to fix Chrome Shockwave Flash crash:
- Re-Configure Google Chrome Settings
- Delete Browser Histroy and Cache
- Repair Registry Entries of Flash Player
- Install Flash Player Again
Re-Configure Google Chrome Settings
If you have made unnecesary changes in the settings this may result in Chrome Shockwave Flash crash. To fix this problem you have to re-configure the settings.
- Run Google Chrome
- Type the command Chrome://plugins and press Enter
- Click the + sign in the Shockwave Flash entry to view details. If you see two different versions of Flash Player, following will be there paths: > C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromedia\Flash or C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll > C:\Users\[your-username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\
- Disable the Flash player mentioned above in the first path and leave the another one enabled
- Reboot Google Chrome
Delete Browser Histroy and Cache
- Close your web browser.
- Click Start | Control Panel.
- Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
Clearing browser history and cache may fix the Chrome Shockwave Flash crash. You can clear it by following the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on Wrench icon
- Select History
- Click on Edit Items in top right
- Click on Clear All Browsing Data
- Restart the browser
Repair Registry Entries of Flash Player
If registry entries of Flash player are corrupt it may cause different kinds of problems. To solve Chrome Shockwave Flash crash you have to repair registry. You can repair it easily by using a registry repairing tool. It automatically search for corrupt entries and fixes it.
You can also use System Utilties program that includes a Registry Repairing tool.
Install Flash Player Again
After succesfully repairing the registry entries you are required to install the Flash player again. You can download latest version of the plugin from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.