How to Prevent Farmville Errors and Glitches
Farmville is a social network game that involves growing and harvesting crops, bushes & trees, raising livestock and other farm management activities. It is very popular among the Facebook users.
Following errors can be encountered while playing Farmville. Our aim is to provide information about all these errors with their solutions.
1. Out of Sync Error
While loading Farmville an error may appear saying “Your game state is out of sync with the server. Please refresh the page to continue.” Following prevents Farmville errors and glitches:
1. Keep Farmville Opened in a Single Tab or Window:
People generally tend to open Farmville in multiple tabs or windows. This cause problems keeping continuous track with the other open tab or window. The solution is to keep a single tab/ window opened while playing.
2. Check for Problems with your Internet Connection:
Farmville transfers a lot of data and requires a fast & stable internet connection. Check for problems with your internet connection to prevent Farmville errors and glitches.
3. Move to Google Public DNS or OpenDNS:
Replace the values of your current DNS with Google Public DNS or otherwise OpenDNS as shown below:
- Click Start | Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet | Network and Sharing Centre | Manage Network Connections.
- Right click the Local Area Connection icon, select Properties.
- Click the Networking tab, select the Internet Protocol Version 4 option and click Properties button.
- Replace the values of following text boxes with the specified numbers-
- Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- 6. Click OK | Close | Close.
Alternatively you may replace test the same with OpenDNS as well. Its Preferred DNS Server is 18.104.22.168 and Alternate DNS Server is 22.214.171.124.
4. Clear Browser Cache:
Outdated cache contents make Farmville to show Out-Of-Sync error. In such case, refreshing the tab doesn’t fix the problem, instead you have to clear browser cache and other temporary stuff.
- In Google Chrome, click Wrench.
- Select Tools | Clear Browsing Data.
- Click the button Clear Browsing Data.
5. Update Adobe Flash Player:
Adobe Flash Player is used to play online multimedia games like Farmville. If the version of Flash Player installed on your system is out-of-date you’re likely to experience Farmville Out-Of-Sync error. Visit the official Adobe Flash Player download page here:ttp://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
6. Reduce the Number of Running Internet Applications
Close all the internet applications that are running. They might be using internet bandwidth and you’re getting this problem.
2. Farmville Disappears or “The application you are trying to access is unavailable or restricted” Error Appears”
You may unable to find Farmville in the list of your Facebook applications. Otherwise an error appears saying “The application you are trying to access is unavailable or restricted” every time you open it.
1. Server Maintenance Going on:
A scheduled sever maintenance might be undergoing. You may need to wait a while.
2. Check App Settings:
Make sure that Farmville is still present in the list of applications authorized to interact with your Facebook account. Here are the required steps:
- Click the downward arrow on top right hand side.
- Click Accounts Settings.
- Click Apps.
- Click Edit under FarmVille.
- Make sure that the application has access to your basic information. Check other settings such as Posts on your behalf and Notifications and then click Close.