How to Prevent Shockwave Crash in Chatroulette?
Chatroulette is a website where strangers can chat with each other. Chat types include text, audio and video chatting. They are chosen at random basis from around the globe.
People started to report Shockwave Flash crash when they try to access their webcam during video chats. This problem is experienced on all web browsers they use. In the guidelines given below we will discuss a few tips & tricks to prevent Shockwave crash in Chatroulette.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Shockwave Flash Player
- Check Internet Security Level
- Scan and Repair Shockwave Registry Settings
- Check Administrative Privileges for Shockwave Flash Folder
- Temporarily Turn Off your Firewall/ Security Programs
- Clean Temp Files & Browser Stuff
Uninstall and Reinstall Shockwave Flash Player
There can be problems with the installation of Shockwave Flash Player. Uninstall and reinstall it to prevent Shockwave crash in Chatroulette.
- Click Start, select Control Panel.
- Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
- Select Shockwave Flash Player and click Uninstall button.
- A message may appear telling all programs associated with Shockwave Flash Player may not run properly. Click Yes.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- Open My Computer, search for the following file names and rename them after adding _backup at their end:
GetFlash.exe, GetFlash.exe.manifest, FlashPlayer.xpt and NPSWF32.dll
- Restart the machine.
- Visit the official website of Adobe, download and install it again.
Check Internet Security Level
A computer with high security level doesn’t allow viewing of ActiveX controls. In order to prevent Shockwave crash in Chatroulette, check your internet security level and set it to Default. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- In the new dialog click Security tab.
- Select Internet zone, click Default Level button. The default option Medium-High will get selected.
- Click Apply | OK.
Scan and Repair Shockwave Registry Settings
Shockwave Flash has its settings stored in the registry. Corrupted registry settings can cause crash Shockwave Flash when you try to video chat on Chatroulette. The best ways to fix it is scan and repair these registry settings.
- Install a Registry Cleaner.
- Start full scan. Wait a while.
- Repair all errors appearing in the results box.
- . Reboot your PC.
Check Administrative Privileges for Shockwave Flash Folder
Shockwave Flash folder may not have required administrative privileges for retrieving and setting registry values. Check their administrative privileges to prevent Shockwave clash in Chatroulette.
- Open My Computer.
- Open the following folder:
- Right click the Shockwave folder, select Properties.
- Click Security tab | Edit button.
- Under Permissions section provide necessary administrative permissions and then click OK | OK.
Temporarily Turn Off your Firewall/ Security Programs
Usually firewall or security programs like Norton restrict ActiveX controls displayed on internet websites. C hange your firewall/ security program in appropriate way so that it will allow all ActiveX controls else simply turn it off. This will help fixing problems with Shockwave Flash Player which crashes every time you start a video chat on Chatroulette.
For Norton Personal Firewall or Norton Internet Security Users:
- Open the program
- . Click Personal Firewall.
- In the new dialog click Firewall tab.
- Set the default settings and apply your changes.
Clean Temp Files & Browser Stuff
Temporary files downloaded from several websites and browser stuff (form fill-up data, cookies, etc) can cause troubles video chatting on Chatroulette site. Delete them except your saved passwords to prevent Shockwave crash in Chatroulette.
For Google Chrome Users:
- Click Wrench icon.
- Select Tools | Clear Browsing Data.
- Make sure the box the beginning of time is selected, check-up all the boxes and click Clear Browsing Data button.